"A Mother's Treasure is Her Daughter"

Saturday, August 30, 2008

mean man

baby taylor and i begin our third trimester this week. yay week 28!

what's goin on with the little critter during week 28:

*eyebrows and eyelashes are now very noticeable!
*hair on baby's head is growing longer. some babies are born with almost none at all, while others appear to be ready for their first haircut!
*eyes are completely formed now. quite a view from inside!
*baby's body is getting plump and rounded. most of that increase is muscle tissue and bone. fat will be added during the third trimester.
*muscle tone is improving. preparation for the olympics feels like it is taking place in my womb!
*lungs are capable of breathing now (but baby would still struggle and require medical attention if born now)
*i'm suppose to talk to baby often, read stories, sing songs and more. baby can recognize my voice now and will often calm to it later on!
*baby weighs in now at 2.2 pounds and is 14.8 inches.



i thought my bump and i looked pretty normal until.. o my! out of nowhere, this man dumped his opinion on me. here's how the conversation went:

mean man (in an italian accent): what are you? 33? 34 weeks?

me: uh, no only on my 28th week.

mean man: huh? this must be your 2nd baby?

me: no, this is my first bundle of joy.

mean man: well, you have got a BIG baby in there!

me: i do?

mean man: yes!

me: hmmm.. i don't want to talk to you anymore. bye

yes, sad for me, but this really happened. was he trying to say i am huge?? i think so.
sigh, i hope he doesn't know what he's talking about!

No comments: