"A Mother's Treasure is Her Daughter"

Saturday, August 16, 2008

a soccer player??

three people have felt baby taylor in action.

i have been feeling the baby since about week 20. it was on the honeymoon cruise that the little butterfly feeling started to become a part of my day. now, at week 26, i feel the kicking throughout the day. the baby is most active between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. does that mean we have a little night owl???

1) the first person to feel it kick was my friend rachel pollack. it was around week 23, and we were sitting on her front porch swing eating pickles. it was a very exciting moment to have someone else share the baby's movement!



2) the second person is my mom, gina. it was this week, and i had just stopped by her house to drop off a chai tea latte and say hi. as i was sitting in my honda saying goodbye, i informed her that the baby and i had recently started listening to classical music while driving around. it's suppose to stimulate the brain or something like that. it started kicking, and she quickly put her hand on my stomach. it kicked her twice!! she was so excited! it was great.



3) the third person is beau!! he FINALLY felt it. i know that the baby is super ornery already. it would really get kicking and i would yell for beau to put his hand on my stomach. of course, without fail, the baby would stop. SO! last night we were settled on the couch watching the men's 100 meter prelims for track and field (amazing btw) and the little one started kicking up a storm. beau put his hand on my stomach, and felt it kick for the first time!! he felt it like 12 more times in the next few minutes. i was giggling and so happy. beau shed a few tears and said "that's my baby in there!" happy day for us!

1 comment:

hub of the house said...

I wish I could feel the baby kick!!!! wow